Ok, it's my (Zach) turn to post something. First, I will take objection to the Astros slam posted earlier by my wife. We may stink right now, but we're drinking milk, and someday we will be better again.
To the real point of my post: I just wanted to brag about my wife for awhile. This wonderful woman spent hours reading books, and encouraging me to read books, and doing research regarding pregnancy, labor, etc. in attempt to do this as naturally as possible. She set her mind to have the baby naturally without pain medication, and with as little medical intervention as possible.
She prepared herself using a method called "Hypnobirthing", which allowed her to relax herself during contractions enough to not need an epidural during labor. Throughout the whole process of labor and delivery she never screamed or shouted, only grunted during the pushing phase. The nurse stated that you can always tell who is doing natural labor from the screams you hear down the hall. My wife made it look easy.
I probably won't be posting much to this blog, but I just wanted to take the time to share how wonderful and strong my wife is with whoever reads this. I am truly blessed to have a wife that is determined and completes what she sets her mind to. She took good care of herself during the pregnancy (staying active and eating/supplementing properly), dismissed the "naysayers" who said she was crazy for desiring to deliver our child naturally, and showed what a great woman she is.
Finally, just to prove it is Zach writing this: Astros rule!
2 comments:
This is the first time I have been back to your blog since the first announcement. And I have had such a good time looking through your pictures. You have such a beautiful baby boy. And Erika I am so impressed that you did it all naturally. I know I couldn't have and I have great respect for those that can. Once things slow down if you guys don't mind a vistor from up north we would love to come and meet the little guy. Love yall!
go brewers!
Post a Comment