Enjoying tea with our good friends, the Nickels
Zach and Eli talking to a sheep. On further inspection we saw the sheep had Nazar Boncuk beads secured into it's wool.
Zach and Eli talking to a sheep. On further inspection we saw the sheep had Nazar Boncuk beads secured into it's wool.
Rita and I sitting in the "Men Only" gathering room. Ha...take that!

A very traditional looking Turkish rug.
Remember I once told you that Turks NEVER where outside shoes into houses?? Well, some businesses (i.e. doctors offices) will make you put these on so that the outside doesn't come in. When service people come to our house they put these on too. They're like shower caps...only for your shoes.
An ottoman baby cradle; has the ability to be strapped to a camel and the baby just rocks right to sleep :)
Kitchen table and chairs; currently out of stock at IKEA :)
Momma and son
Eli's new instrument from Beypazari. We also got him a little wooden flute. It took him about 15 mins. to figure out how to blow in it, and then he whistled all night!
1 comment:
I've loved keeping up with you guys via your blog and newsletter. It is so interesting to hear about Turkey...so unique and different! I'm praying for you!
Post a Comment