I may have mentioned before that Turks are WAY SERIOUS about cleanliness in their homes. They are also WAY SERIOUS about clean windows. I caught a neighbor cleaning his windows yesterday (yes, I realize it's kind of creepy that I'm taking pictures of people that live across the street...but this is for the sake of your Turkish culture education). This is the first time I've ever seen a man doing this (as many in this culture follow the more "traditional" husband/wife household roles) but the whole person-out-on-the-window-ledge-cleaning-the-windows thing is not a new sight for us.
EXAMPLE A - one leg left inside (for safety purposes???)
EXAMPLE B - Entire body outside on the small window ledge
2 comments:
Whew - wow...that wouldn't be me!!! I'd have dirty windows too...In fact, I do and I can reach them all from the ground or a 2 step ladder. :-)
Oo, it makes me nervous just to see the pictures!
Post a Comment