Monday, December 14, 2009

Crazy Weekend

We had a bit of a crazy weekend. If you haven't heard, Eli got the "Swine Flu." Yes, I know it's politically correct to call it H1N1 in America, but in Turkey they're still calling it the Swine Flu so that's what I'm sticking to. Anyway, We had 2 rough days and then he started the upswing back to health. But, since I'm prego, for safety reasons I ran around with a goofy mask on (you know, like that kind that are oh SO NOT COOL??) and tried to stay away from the little guy. But, come on...I'm a mama and my baby was sick so I did administer as much TLC as I could without getting right up in his face and inhaling his germs. Eli was not sleeping well at all so we were a pretty tired sight. My dear husband TOTALLY stepped up and took care of us all. He made homemade spaghetti sauce, 2 kinds of Christmas cookies, and this awesome meal below: Sommermeyer style pork and sauerkraut, homemade mashed potatos, and steamed veggies. So. Good.
And here's my favorite Christmas find here in Turkey. These are stockings made from old Turkish kilims (a thin style of Turkish carpet). There's one guy in the whole city that sells these, and that's because he's had lots of foreign friends that have complained of not being able to find stockings at Christmas. I love them. They're so Turkish...and yet Christmas-y.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So does Zach have any single guy relatives?! ;) Kidding!!

So glad to hear Eli's better. Hope you two don't get it!!

(Oh, that those stockings are very cool!)

Morgan