Saturday, January 16, 2010

4 Years

We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary this past week! It's not hard for me to believe that four years have passed. In fact, it feels like it's been longer and I think that's because we've experienced so many major life events in these past four years (a house, 1 kid with another on the way, several different jobs, selling almost everything we owned, an overseas move, a new language, an epilepsy diagnosis, visits to seven foreign countries, etc.).
Marriage has not always been easy or "fun," but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the Lord has been good to us and His mercies are new every day.
On Saturday night we had a full 5 hours of kid-free time. So. Nice. We went out to a Brazilian steakhouse and ate and ate and ate. If you've never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, and you're not a vegetarian, then I suggest you try it (disclaimer: they're rather expensive in the U.S. so it's more of a "special occassion" type place). The waiters come around about every 10 minutes with meat on big skewers that they cut off onto your plate (at this place we actually ate off of wood cutting boards). Last night we had 3 different cuts of steak, 2 different types of chicken, and lamb. In addition we had the best cheese plate I've had in years, plantains (fried bananas), salad, and a variety of other appetizers. Zach, waiter, and skewered chicken We also had time to go to the cinema. We watched a cute Turkish film...it was like a Turkish comedy mixed in with an American western.



6 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Congratulations! You two are cute together and I'm so glad you enjoyed a night out on the town. Your post made me hungry. :) It is so neat to see how God has blessed your life. Hope you both enjoy many, many more years together!

The Sommermeyers said...

congratz guys... It struck me tonight... for the first time ever... Zach has gotten alot more handsome... I mean I feel like I am looking into a mirror... wow... Zach has certainly aged well! :)

Love you guys! Josh...

Kim said...

LOVE the pic of the two of you...ADORABLE!!! Congrats on 4 years...God is good!!!

baby havin babies said...

congrats!!!! love all the pics. gotta ask tho- who has epilepsy? i must have missed a post or announcement about that.
blessings to you sommermyers!

The Sommermeyers said...

Thanks everyone! But does anyone else think my eyes look a little freaky in the top picture?? :) Jihae, Zach has epilepsy...he got diagnosed with it about 5 months ago. But it's not the "typical" epilepsy...it just messes up his vision and spacial perception.

Anonymous said...

Been meaning to comment on this post--I LOVE that top picture! (Okay...so your eyes do look kinda "wide open" but not freaky. ;)) Happy Anniversary!

Morgan