Monday, March 29, 2010

Guys' Day and Funny Conversations

Zach and Eli had a guys' day out on Saturday. They went to the Ankara Airplane Museum and had a great time acting like pilots!
---------------------------

We had a British guy stay with us one weekend this month and he and Eli were having a conversation about one of the trucks they saw on the road:

Eli: What does that truck do?
Friend: (remember, he's British) Thot guy makes lifts foh apaaaahtment buildings.
Eli: (repeating in a perfect British accent): Oh that guy makes lifts foh apaaaahtment buildings?
---------------------------
Eli: Mommy, can we hold hands and dance?
Me: Sure.
Eli: You'll be the queen and I'll dance with the queen.
---------------------------
Sitting on his stool ready to play his sas (Turkish stringed instrument):
Eli: Mommy can you play the party song umm umm meh way? (Refering to "The Lion Sleeps Tonight).
---------------------------

Eli and I were counting and I asked him to count something in Turkish.
He said, "dos, tres, quatro, cinqo."
It seems Dora and Diego are having a greater impact than I thought.
---------------------------
Daddy: What's my name?
Eli: Zachary Micah Sommermeyer
Daddy: What's your name?
Eli: Eli David Sommermeyer
Daddy: What's mommy's name?
Eli: Mommy David Sommermeyer

4 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Kids say the most hilarious things. I love this post. Eli has such a cute little personality. I love that he prayed for his daycare teachers too (read your newsletter). I think Ben would love to meet him someday. You are all in our prayers! :)

Stephanie said...

I had the same problems with mixing Turkish and Spanish when I started my Turkish classes - I understand. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the conversation with the British guy and the one about what your names are. :) (And the one about the queen is just too sweet!)

Morgan

baby havin babies said...

so cute. we need lily and eli's paths to cross again, espescially now that they both can talk. and they have tons in common since lily's started counting in spanish too. gotta love dora and diego.
glad to see your baby's the size of an eggplant this week. so cute. keep on keepin on mama supreme!