A few weeks ago I wrote a post about my frustrations with Istanbul, declaring that I could care less if I ever went there again. Well, this past weekend I went there again. I attended a fabulous work-related conference which, praise Jesus, was on the Asian side of Istanbul! There was no insane bridge-crossing-torture necessary. Anyway, I found the Asian side to be quite charming.
Ranking high on the "charming" scale was Krispy Kreme. You see, we've gone over a year without this sweet treat because generally Turks don't "do" donuts. It was a great surprise to find that my conference was located near 1 of the 3 Krispy Kreme locations in the city of 70 million people.

We were nice and took orders for our friends back in Ankara.
Eli with a random "mini bus" driver. In exchange for a picture, he bought Eli seed to feed the pigeons.
An example of bad translation
An outdoor "fresh squeezed" juice stand. Look at all those oranges in the back!!
I'm not sure if these "junk collectors" work for the city or for themselves but they are a regular sight. This poor guy tried to go down a pedestrian street filled with outdoor diners and the waiters made him turn around.
Eli with a random "mini bus" driver. In exchange for a picture, he bought Eli seed to feed the pigeons.
An example of bad translation
An outdoor "fresh squeezed" juice stand. Look at all those oranges in the back!!
I'm not sure if these "junk collectors" work for the city or for themselves but they are a regular sight. This poor guy tried to go down a pedestrian street filled with outdoor diners and the waiters made him turn around.









1 comment:
Wonderful pics...so glad you got Krispy Kreme...what a treat!!! Love to you! Glad you all are ok after that earthquake!
Post a Comment