Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Eli's latest sayings

Eli: (While driving near the hospital where I gave birth) "MOM, THAT'S WHERE YOU GOT YOUR BABY!!!!"

Eli: (While squeezing the back of my arm)"Your arm is like play-doh." 
Just what every postpartum woman wants to hear!!

Eli: (The Sunday after Noah was born and I wasn't fully recovered)"Mom, is Noah coming to church?"
Me: "No."
Eli: "Why? Does he not like the music???"

Me: "Eli, I smell something. Did you toot?"
Eli: (Without any hesitation)"No, it was Noah."
He's already started the time honored tradition of blaming all bodily function noises and smells on his brother. For the record, it WAS Eli.

Eli:(said in a sense of awe and wonder at the fact that he was holding his brother's hand) "He's touching me!"
Zach and I laughed because we know in about 3 years this statement will be said more in the form of an annoying complaint.  :)

Eli:(who had just returned from the barber shop with really spikey hair)"Mom, I CANNOT take a nap today because it will make all of my spikes go down."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom and I were almost on the ground laughing at these. My mom especially enjoyed the one about Noah not going to church because he didn't like the music. We also think that Eli is a great guitar player and when he is singing that song, it is precious.
- the Stearns family

Anonymous said...

Love, LOVE the one about the music and the one about his hair. :)

Morgan