Sunday, October 17, 2010

We're Here

We haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I promise. The chaos in our lives just got kicked up a notch this month and I've hardly had time to communicate. Right now, I'm sitting in the hallway of our NEW APARTMENT building borrowing the internet from our American neighbors (with permission of course), while Eli watches a video and Noah fusses in his bed. I just need a minute to myself though, as this is the second weekend in a row that my husband has been gone and I'm...well, tired. In the last two weeks:

1. We Moved. What drama for a 1 mile move!!  But, I'm so incredibly happy with our new place and Eli has been out on the terrace playing soccer.  Yes, there is a safe, traffic-free place for my child to run in this new place!! Praise God.

2. Zach gave a 30 minute physical therapy presentation in Turkish at the National Physical Therapy conference.  He's such a stud and I'm so happy that he accomplished this goal.

3. Starting packing for the U.S.A. Only 4 days until we leave on our 20-some-odd hour trip to St. Louis.  While in the states we have LOTS of travels too.  How does one pack for fall/winter in Texas and Minnesota and everywhere in between??

More later...  

2 comments:

Joel said...

Way to go, Erika and Zach - new place - sounds like some pretty awesome neighbors.
We can't wait to see you all next week. Travel safe!

The Thebeaus said...

Whew! What a crazy time! I'm glad you found a new place. I cannot imagine packing for two adults and two children to travel across the world. I stress about doing it for the weekend to travel across Missouri. I hope the long trip goes as smoothly as possible!!