I bet you didn't know that the World University Winter Games (like the Olympics only for university athletes) are about to take place in the eastern side of Turkey. I bet you also didn't know that my husband will be part of the games. No, he is not entered into the ice dancing competition. Since Zach is so great at what he does (physical therapy), he understands "the ways" of the host country, and is in close proximity to the games (1hour 20 min. flight) he was asked to be on the medical staff for the American athletes. I know, cool, right? He even gets sweet U.S.A. track suits and gear to wear while he's working.
The only not so cool thing about the whole deal is that I am here with the boys, alone, for two whole weeks (14 days or 336 hours or 20,160 mins., however you prefer to look at it). Now, don't go worrying your pretty little head. I'm not actually ALONE alone. We've got apartmentless friends living with us for the time being, and I've got a nice little baseball bat that sleeps next to me at night. But, I'm alone in the sense that I'm solely responsible for getting up at night with a screaming baby, wiping two childrens' bottoms, and putting a 3-year-old in countless time outs for the next two weeks. It's not gonna be fun. We're only 12 hours into this thing and I'm already wanting to run out the door and never come back.
So, to keep myself from going crazy and from wallowing in self pity I've decided to focus on the positive things that can come of this two weeks. Like:
1. I don't have to iron one single dress shirt
2. I can serve fish sticks and mac-n-cheese every day if I so choose
3. Chick flicks every night
4. I'll burn more calories if I can't ever sit down
5. NO SNORING!!!
And I'm sure I'll think of more in the next 336 hours...
4 comments:
LOL - I'll be praying for you...I can't imagine what you'll experience during that time but pray the Lord will minister to you when you need him to.
You don't have to share the covers.
You don't have to share the computer.
I will pray that this time apart goes well for all of you and that it will go quickly and you won't be sending someone to timeout all the time!
This cracks me up and causes me to groan at the same time! I am a friend of Ali Moser's and read your blog often. I so feel your pain!! My husband works two nights a week second shift and I DREAD those two evenings...and then feel guilty because I really love my boys! (Ages 3 and 10 mos.) Hang in there!!!
Thanks for the encouragement ya'll! We're making it.
Post a Comment