Sunday, January 8, 2012

Every Superhero Needs a Cape

Eli is really into Batman and Robin right now. We have one really old school cartoon DVD of Batman, (you know, like the ones that have those magically appearing word bubbles that say "BAM!," "KAZOW!," and "WHACK!") and on any given day he can be found wearing the Batman costume that we picked up at a resale shop last time we were in the States. What he didn't have, however, was a cape to go along with it. And, come on, let's be honest, a superhero is nothing without his cape.
 
So, tonight, I used my super new sewing machine and some fabric I got out of the "damaged goods" bin at Ikea to make this bad boy:
 It's "E" for "Super Eli." Or maybe Batman's real name is something like Earl, or Edgar, or Egbert.
 Here he was saving an imaginary kitty from the top of the slide. 

And, a couple closeups from the week:



3 comments:

Jono and Janice said...

I think I need to upgrade my sewing machine to a "super". My capes didn't turn out that awesome! Way to go!

amy r. said...

That is one very cool cape. Willa would love playing superheroes with him.

The Sommermeyers said...

Thanks guys! Although, notice I didn't post a close-up picture :)