Monday, July 22, 2013

Andreas John Sommermeyer joins the family

It's been ages since I've posted on this blog. Our most recent news is that our 3rd son, Andreas John Sommermeyer, has arrived.

My due date was July 20th, however, Dre came 9 days early. On July 11th I woke at 5am feeling a little crampy and "off." I walked around the house a little and decided to wake Zach at 6am. I told him to take a shower because, "I think we might have a baby sometime today." I took my time showering, getting ready, and eating breakfast because I still wasn't sure if I was in labor or not. By 7am, however, I was having some painful contractions that were 20 mins. apart. We decided we better get moving and get Noah to school early. Noah was scheduled to have a birthday party at school that day and thankfully I had made and iced the cake the day before, however, we still had to stop at the store to buy juice and savory cookies for his party. We did all that and got him to school by 8am. I called my doctor as we were leaving the school and told her that my contractions were 10 to 12 mins apart. She said to go straight to the hospital, and she called ahead to tell them not to make me fill out any paperwork but to send me straight to a room. It took us 20 mins. to get to the hospital and thankfully traffic was manageable even though it was rush hour. By the time we pulled into the parking lot my contractions were 5 mins. apart and things were moving quickly. I had to rest on a lamp post on the walk in just to breathe through a contraction. I got into the room and had time to change into a gown and lay down for a couple of contractions before my doctor arrived. She checked me as soon as she arrived and immediately put on her scrubs and had the nurses prep for the delivery. My water broke and I had to push before they even finished prepping everything. Dre was born at 8:55 a.m., just 35 mins after we pulled into the parking lot.

We chose the name Andreas for several reasons: 1. Zach and I both liked it 2. We wanted something Biblical but a little unique. Andreas is the original Greek name used in the NT for the first disciple of Christ. It's a common name in Europe and it's English equivalent is "Andrew" 3. It's easy for Turks to read and pronounce.

So far Dre has been a dream baby, very content, and a good eater and sleeper. 
   

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congratulations- he is beautiful!