Monday, April 27, 2009

Almost Two

Eli is almost two years old and we've just begun to realize the mischief and stress that is coming our way. He's all boy. All. Boy. Here are some examples.

1. There aren't screens for the windows in Turkey. It's horribly dangerous so my wonderful husband just put small chains on the windows so that the air can get in, but Eli can't get out. Yesterday, I left him in the salon (aka living room) for just a moment while I vacuumed another room. When I left him he was playing nicely with his trains. When I came back he was standing in the window sill at the open (but thankfully chained window). Scary, scary, scary.

2. We had guests over for a meal the other day so I quickly stacked the dirty plates and set them on the middle of the kitchen table. Eli managed to get them and pull them all to the floor. They shattered, glass went EVERYWHERE, but thankfully none hit him. Again scary, scary, scary.

3. I was fixing hair and makeup after my shower the other day while Eli was watching a video. I peeked in on him only to find him watching his video while eating peanut butter out of the jar. Don't ask me?!?!?

4. While eating dinner this evening Eli saw some cookies across the room. Of course, he no longer wanted dinner but only wanted cookies, and proceeded to throw a huge, dramatic fit. We explained that if he finished his dinner he could have a cookie. His response? " No, cookie first."

His almost two-year old crazy self is not all bad though. Here are some cute things he does:
1. While we we do a Pilate's video he lays down beside us and starts doing leg lifts.

2. Our amazingly-easy-to-put-to-bed son has actually started telling us when he's tired. On multiple occasions he's said things like "Mommy night night," and "Mommy bed." Sure enough, we put him down and he goes right to sleep.

3. He joins in on several key words of "The Lord's Prayer," "Come Lord Jesus," and "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep." Oh, melt my heart.

1 comment:

amy said...

What a cutie, but I feel your pain, oh, I feel your pain. The pb is hilarious.