Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yes, I'm Bragging

I will apologize in advance for the very juvenile references to bodily functions in this post, but if you've got kids then I know you'll understand.

For about three months now Eli has been telling us when he needs to go to the bathroom. He usually says something like, "Mommy. Potty." or "Mommy. Poopie." However, he never leaves a window of opportunity for potty time as he usually says it after he's already gone, or while he's in the process. Well, today, on this glorious Sunday morning, he said, "Mommy. Potty." I checked him and to my surprise he had not yet gone. So, we hung out in the bathroom on the potty chair for a minute or so, and sure enough, my 22 month old boy did his business on the potty. Wow. Could he really be this easy?? Or was it just one of his almost-two-year-old tricks?

1 comment:

Kim said...

I hope for your sake that it IS this easy!!! We had Michael ALMOST potty trained at 2.5 and then reverted until he was 3.5...I almost thought he'd go to kindergarten in diapers but thankfully when he was ready...it was accomplished in 1 single day.

PS. M&M's work great when you get to the point of rewarding...1 for pee & 2 for poopoo in the potty! :-)