This weekend we headed to the mountains about 2 hours north of Ankara. The purpose of the trip was for Zach to help work on a retreat center that is being constructed by an acquaintance (retreat center can be seen in the back of this picture).
We had such a great weekend. In fact, it was probably the best weekend I've had in ten months. It was all nature. The only thing we could hear were the crickets at night (oh wait...and the imam from the mosque of a small village below).
We had such a great weekend. In fact, it was probably the best weekend I've had in ten months. It was all nature. The only thing we could hear were the crickets at night (oh wait...and the imam from the mosque of a small village below). Zach did a little of this...
And a little of this too...
He really enjoyed this...
And Eli got a big kick out of running around like this...
I actually enjoyed cooking like this...
And eating foods straight from the garden.
Meet "Montana." After he mauled Eli a couple times, they became fast friends.
Like I said, it was very natural, and occassionally these guys would wander through the property.

They were accompanied by this lady. She was their herder, and she would walk the fields for hours on end.




2 comments:
Good for you, I'm glad you found some peace.
AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment