Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Week's Festivities

Earlier this week Zach got the crazy hankerin' to do some cooking. He made homemade hummus (pictured below), and homemade baked beans. The beans were quite the ordeal because we can't just go out and buy baked beans (okay, well there is actually one brand but it costs an arm and a leg). It required soaking and boiling the dry beans, creating a sauce, and baking them for several hours. We also decided to grill on the electric grill that he got for his birthday. We thought that since pork bratwursts aren't available these turkey meat bratwursts would be the next best option. uh...no. I'm giving you fair warning, DO NOT PURCHASE THE TURKEY BRATWURST.

And in other news: tomorrow we are going to a public pool!!! This is THE only public outdoor pool that we are aware of and it will require a 45 min. drive but we're excited for Eli to get some pool time (with his "Ah-bee's" from upstairs).
Next week Eli and I will spend the week at VBS at the American military base. I'm so thankful that they have this available and allow for non-military people to participate. I'm also secretly hoping for someone to take me into the PX to buy some dearly loved American groceries.

No comments: