It's Sunday a.m. I'm sitting here drinking my Nescafe instant hazelnut coffee with sugar and cream (instant coffee is SOOO popular here) and keeping an eye on the clock, as we need to get ready for church soon. I'm looking out the door to my kitchen balcony and seeing the dreariness outside. It's been cool weather here this weekend, with drizzle on and off. While I hate the "look" of fall sometimes, it's absolutely my favorite time of the year, and I'm longing to be in St. Louis. I love St. Louis in the fall. I miss Sundays the most. There's nothing like spending the morning with our church family, then going home, putting on jeans and a Texans jersey (yes, me wearing a Texans jersey is TOTALLY a product of my marriage), watching the games and eating chilli all day long. Ahhh.
We're heading out for vacation this week and I'm SO excited! While vacations are always nice...in my opinion they are particularly necessary when you live in a foreign culture. Things (i.e. language, food, sounds, cultural ways, etc.) tend to wear on you really quickly. So anyway, Zach's folks are flying us to Germany for a week. They'll meet us there and we'll drive around the southern part and into Austria. I am most excited for A.) the massive massive Christmas store where I'll be able to purchase a nativity and an advent wreath (things that are absolutely not found in Turkey). and B). we'll get to Salzburg, Austria where we'll walk in the steps of Julie Andrews (because it's where the Sound of Music was filmed) and Mozart (his hometown).
And then they'll head back here to Turkey with us for a couple weeks. Shortly after we arrive back in Turkey, there will also be a large group of folks coming from the States to see this land we work in. We're very excited to be able to spend a couple of days with them as well.
3 comments:
AWESOME news about going to Germany...I long to head to that area some day since Larry's dad came to USA from what used to be Roumania. I think now that would be in Hungry but I'm not sure.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blog makeover and the banner photo you have is UNBELIEVABLE!!!
We miss you Erika and are SO proud of the stepping out that you and your family have done!!! Love to you! Enjoy your vacation!
Your trip to Austria sounds fabulous. I love Christmas stores and The Sound of Music! When I want to whine about being 14 hours from home, I will think of you and remember that I can get in the car to get home. Think of y'all often, glad Zach is doing better!
Your trip to Austria sounds fabulous. I love Christmas stores and The Sound of Music! When I want to whine about being 14 hours from home, I will think of you and remember that I can get in the car to get home. Think of y'all often, glad Zach is doing better!
Post a Comment