Friday, October 30, 2009

Just So Precious I Had to Write Them Down

Eli has been saying some really precious/funny things lately. I really am amazed by the way he processes things and can verbalize them.

1. Yesterday, he was playing alone, and as I walked up behind him I heard him say, "Oh God." Thinking he was using the Lord's name in vain, I sternly asked him, "What did you just say?" He looked up and said, "Blessed be the name O God." I was shocked and delighted at the same time. Later I said, "Remember when you said to mommy, 'Blessed be the name O God.'?" He replied with, "At church say that." Wow. Again, shocked and delighted.

2. My kitchen was an absolute wreck today, but Eli was begging me to play trains (which we had done all day...hence the reason my kitchen was a wreck). So, I told him I would set the timer for 10 mins. and when he heard it beep that meant mommy would stop cleaning and would come play with him again. About 3 mins. into the time he walked into the kitchen to see me on my cell phone (calling Daddy) and he said in a disappointing tone, "Mommy your not cleaning." Uh...BUSTED.

3. Eli must have heard our neighbor boys talking about their "Halloween party" this weekend. He kept going around shouting "HAAAALLLLLOOOOOWEEEEEEEEENNNN party." I said, "Eli, we're going to a fall party tomorrow, but we don't celebrate Halloween. Halloween is bad." Well, he understood that message, because now he says to every person he sees, "Halloween is bad. Halloween is bad." He repeats it over and over like Rainman. :)

4. Many times when we pass mosques Eli asks, "Mommy, where is the Imam (the pastor equivilent in a Mosque)? He's not singing... (aka. doing the call to prayer over the loud speakers). " It was once around mealtime when he asked this question so for an easy answer I just said, "He's probably eating lunch." Now, most of the time when we pass mosques Eli makes statements like: "The Imam is probably having breakfast"...and..."The Imam is eating dinner now."

5. Eli doesn't mind spicy food. We give him stuff like chili, curry, etc. Recently, he started doing this thing though where he'll take a bite of food and say, "Oh oh it's too spicy." He'll then take a small drink of milk, water, etc. and then say in a very pleased tone (while nodding his head), "That's better." He'll do this after every bite and it just cracks us up.

2 comments:

Kim said...

TOO cute!!!

Anonymous said...

That cracks me up about the spicy food! lol

Morgan