I just ate two chocolate bars. The package says they are "light" but REALLY, how can they make a cookie covered with chocolate and caramel light??
Anyway, my week (as a single mom) has gone by beautifully so far. Eli has been on his best behavior and we've kept busy with lots of park time, youtube videos (the kid can practically sing every song from Sister Act now), and games. There hasn't really even been a need for chocolate. Until today.
This weekend Eli and I will fly to a different Mediterranean city to meet Zach. We are attending a marriage intensive/marriage "tune-up" sort of thing and Eli will be watched by a friend of a friend (whom we were just told only speaks Spanish. Wow. Good thing my kid is super adaptable and watches Dora everyday). We'll then get a couple days on the beach, savoring our last vacation as "just the three of us."
Anyhoo, I've never enjoyed flying solo with a toddler. It's hard enough to keep track of my own bag, ticket, and passport, and get myself "re-dressed" after going through security check points. Add Eli into the mix and I have to leave the security check point with belt undone, shoes untied, and belongings hanging halfway out of my purse just so I can keep him from sticking his fingers into the conveyer belt. But, of course, as my luck would have it, the airline called today and threw extra obstacles into the already dreaded plane trip. Our flight has been canceled. Our only option is to leave 3 hours earlier (which means leave the house at 6am), have a 5 hour layover in Istanbul, and stop at two different offices where I'll have to deal in Turkish (which we all know I can't speak at the moment) before check-in. Uggh...I'm getting a rash just thinking about it.
Ok, rant over.
------------------------
Here are a few pics from bubble blowing yesterday. We're borrowing a friends' camera (remember I said ours was broken) so I wanted to do a test upload as his is a bit fancier than what I'm used to.



2 comments:
Ah, you poor thing! Hope the flights go well and the vacation is well worth the trip! :) Love the pictures!!!
Morgan
Will be praying for you to have good travels.
Post a Comment