Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Eli Quotes

Putting his little face up to mine at 5:30a.m.
Eli: Mom, can I have breafaskt? (intentional misspelling)
Me: No, it's still nighttime. You have to go back to sleep.
Eli: But mom, I hear the birds singing me a beautiful song this morning (which is what we often say when we first step out of our building in the mornings).

While I was in the bathroom supervising his potty time
Eli: Mom, how do you say "get out" in Turkish?

His prayer for our recent trip to Istanbul
Eli: "Dear Jesus, thank you for going to Istanbul, not Constantinople..."

While watching a clip from a musical number on Sister Act
Eli: Mom, what is that black thing on their head?
Me: That's a nun outfit. Those ladies are nuns and they serve Jesus and that is what
       they wear.
Eli: Oh, I should get one for LoLos (his aunt) so she can sing.   ?????

AND JUST SO YOU DON'T THINK HE'S A TOTAL SAINT:

While riding his little toy car around the apartment
Eli: Watch it, jerk!

4 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Awesome! I love the age he is at...they say to most hilarious grown up things! Thanks for sharing and the "watch it, jerk" is hilarious! :)

Kim said...

lol - that boy cracks me up!!! LOVE it!!! :)

The Sommermeyers said...

Ali, I got the "quote post" idea from you. I always love reading Ben's quotes and seeing how their little minds work! :)

Anonymous said...

The "get out" one is totally cracking me up! I'm literally laughing out loud at this post. :)

Morgan