Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Week in Review

Here is an old school paper chain counting down the days until meemaw (my mom) comes as well as Eli's 3rd birthday. Eli might think the chain is for him, but the chain is really for me. I'm counting down the days until I can pass the "kid entertainment" duties on to my mom because this kid is driving me
B-O-N-K-E-R-S!  
For the last two Saturdays Zach has taken Eli out on "big adventure" trips. One trip was a hike around a lake where Eli followed ducks and frogs, and threw sticks, etc.
The other trip was a nature walk through a forest-like area where they saw big turtles and creepy crawly things. Eli came home from that trip a bit bummed that he didn't see any giraffes.  :) 
Zach turned 33 this past week and, as tradition goes, I attempted a lemon merengue pie for his special day. This, by far, was the worst result I've ever had. It was like lemon soup with cream on top. I had to use a laddle to scoop it out. I'm blaming it on the Turkish ingredients.
I wasn't kidding in my last post about my husband going all sensitive over steak. He really did get teary-eyed over these magnificent cuts of beef.
The steaks came from a place called the "Butcha Shop." It was an incredible restaurant. My only complaint is that they asked us where we were from and then brought a table decoration with an American flag and a Turkish flag on it; literally "flagging" us as foreigners.
Here's Eli playing his pretend cello (it's really a Turkish "sas" and a stick). He got up in the chair and said, "I'm YoYo Ma. No, I'm Papa." His Papa (my dad) recently started playing the cello again and has been playing for Eli over the phone. He loves it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the bottom picture and the 'story' that goes along with it!

Oh, and I don't think your lemon pie looks bad!!

Morgan