Monday, September 13, 2010

Pinchin' Pennies

So as of late, I've developed a hobby/obsession in making "homemade" things as a means of pinchin' pennies. There are recipes and instructions ALL over the internet for making your own cleaning products, cloth diapers, etc. I just recently discovered this recipe for homemade laundry detergent. I can't get the products here but I do intend to bring them back with me when we come back from the States because laundry detergent is expensive here as well! If any of you make this, I'd love to hear how it works!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I have several friends who make homemade laundry detergent - some have complained of it's lacking of this and that. I did up a cost comparison and found out we only spend about 9cents a load or so on our Tide with Bleach so I'm sticking with that. You NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use as much store bought detergent as they say to on the product...we have found that 1/4 c of what the box says does our clothes great - therefore we only buy detergent 2 times a year and it's about $20 from Sam's club. I remember when I was looking into it I was going to have to go to several different places to get what I needed to make it so I just gave up. Might be a fun project for Heather and I someday though.

amy R. said...

Thanks for the idea. I already use Borax, which you can get at Target, so maybe I will try this next time.