1. Gifts in plastic bags - Gift wrap/wrapping paper is hard to come by in this country. That's because Turks (at least the ones in this city) always give gifts in the plastic bag/gift bag that contains the store's logo. Even if someone wraps a gift...they still then put it in the logo'd bag before giving it. I think it's all about showing off the brand.
2. Birds chirping in the grocery stores - In the small markets there are always birds hopping/flying around. That's because they leave the front doors wide open (no air conditioning). I've even seen birds flying around the large grocery stores. I'm not sure how they get in there.
3. Store clerks that follow you around - this is one of my biggest pet peeves here. As soon as you step into a clothing store a clerk comes and stands like a foot away (in your personal space). Then, if you take a step to the right....they take a step to the right. If you move forward...they move forward. Often, I'll pick something up, look at it, fold it, and put it back. As soon as it hits the shelf, the clerk picks it back up and re-folds it. This is all in the name of "customer service." I rarely go clothes shopping here because this "service" just annoys me.
4. Waiters that take your dishes the second you're finished (or not finished) - They are all about keeping your table clean so that you can enjoy your dining experience. Waiters will come the minute you put the last bite in your mouth and take your plate without asking. Often times, there is sauce lingering on my plate that I want to soak up with bread...but while I'm looking at the bread basket, my plate disappears. The same thing happens when I have only have a little bit of drink left. In nice restaurants they come with a little brush-type-thing and brush the crumbs off of the table.
1 comment:
I have the same issue with store clerks! I don't like clothes shopping because I can't stand the hovering.
Stephanie
Post a Comment