Monday, January 3, 2011

Consolation

Wow.



Wow.



It's over. My sister's wedding is over. Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years are over. Our time in the United States is over. On Thursday, we will board a plane bound for Turkey and I guarantee I will cry half the flight over.



Sure, I'll be glad to get back to my apartment where I can actually put my clothes in the dresser and leave them there. I'll be glad to eat lahmacun (flat bread with meat and spices) and manti (ravioli topped with plain yogurt) and fresh, fresh, fresh vegetables. I'll be glad to lose the 10lbs I gained in the U.S., and see the friends I left two months ago back in Ankara. But I'll still be sad.

Because saying goodbye to family, knowing I won't see some of them for two years, is the hardest thing ever.

Fortunately for me I'm not alone. "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." Psalm 94:19

3 comments:

Kim said...

Praying for you and all of you!!! I KNOW this can't be easy...this walk never is. God be with you!

Jono and Janice said...

Good byes are hard and I am praying for you all. It is hard to leave those we love to go to a place that we feel called to. We feel guilty for our excitement to go "home". The best place to be is at the center of His will. Will keep praying as you transition back to life at home.

baby havin babies said...

you, zack, and the boys are champs and Jesus really really loves you. so proud of you guys and glad you had such a great time with your family in the US. will pray for you and the flight and the readjustment and the inevitable sadness of leaving your american home. but seriously, you guys rock my world.