The World University Winter Games are well underway in Erzurum, Turkey and Zach is thoroughly enjoying himself. See:
While he is being used for medical purposes, he is also being used for translation purposes. He's been sent along with several different U.S. teams to their events because they're short on Turkish guides. That's a nice compliment and really speaks to how good his Turkish has gotten over these last two years.
This morning when we spoke on the phone he was with the U.S. Curling team...as their coach. That's right, I said COACH. Apparently the "real" coach was sent to the hospital for some sort of difficulty so Zach was asked to fill in. He has never actually seen a curling match before so he was much like the Queen of England; all for show.
Meanwhile, We're on Day:5 of "Ankara Alone Time" and I'm happy to report that everyone here is still alive and half-way sane.


3 comments:
You're almost half way through the 2 week period...you can do this! God is with you...when you feel like you're going to "lose" it...stop, drop and pray!!! XOXO
I was just checking in to see how you were doing at hour #120 or something like that. :) Wow for Zach! Sounds like he's having quite an experience!! And I guess he's an expert on curling now, right? I mean not everybody can say they've coached the US Curling team during the World University Winter Games!!! :)
Morgan
Thanks for your encouragement, Kim!
Morgan, yes, he's having quite the experience...so I'm definately glad I gave him permission to go.
Post a Comment