Saturday, May 7, 2011

Doing the Mommy Thing

I'll admit, I've been known to complain about my children, and how they don't sleep, and how they pee all over the floor, and how they're like the loudest boys on the planet, and...blah, blah, blah. While those things are true (especially the peeing all over the floor bit), my two boys actually bless my socks off. Seriously, I've got some neat kids, and I'm so thankful that God has allowed me to be their mama.  

Eli doesn't have an introverted bone in his body. He needs people, he loves to talk, and he says some of the wildest things (I wouldn't have any funny Facebook material without him). I love, love, love his imagination and his invisble knight friends, and the fact that he holds up the black bathtub stopper to his eye (you know, like the old school kind that are attached with a chain) and says, "Aaarrrr, I'm a pirate." He's so stinkin smart and flexible and has been thrown into a multicultural school/foreign language and is exceling in every way possible. The other day, while we were driving in the car, I heard him softly say aloud, "I love you, Jesus." And, THAT, right there is my greatest desire for him and makes all the hard days totally worth it.    
 And then there's my little Noah Bear, who at this point makes me think he's an introvert. He's totally content sitting and playing with toys all by his lonesome. I'll walk by, he'll flash me a toothless grin, and then he goes right back to playing. He squeals in frustration when other kids or babies come and touch him, including his older brother. He does love to watch his "Ah-bee," though, and will often try to out-do Eli's loudness. My favorite time with Noah is praying over him right before bed and then singing the doxology. He knows the routine and lays his head on my chest right as I begin to sing. So sweet.   

2 comments:

Kim said...

Awe...too sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

And the boys are blessed to have you as their mommy!! Happy Mother's Day!

Morgan