Friday, May 20, 2011

The Mountain Air

This is what the Sommermeyer house looked like yesterday:


Only less cartoon-y.

In all my years of traveling and eating sketchy-looking street foods sold by even sketchier-looking vendors, I've never had food poisoning.

Until yesterday.

We all had a horrible reaction to something...(gulp)...I made. And poor little Eli had the worst of it. It was not. pretty. 

So why do I tell you this sad tale?  So that I can then tell you that tomorrow we're headed 2.5 hours north to Sakin Tepe (Calm Mountain) for a much needed breath of fresh, non-pukey air. We're going to sleep in a cabin, eat s'mores, throw dried cow patties, and let Eli run free until he comes back so dirty we can hardly recognize him. There will be nothing "city" about it.  

And, since we've put a self-imposed ban on computers for the weekend, I'll check back in on Monday with pictures of, what I hope to be, one very happy family.  

1 comment:

baby havin babies said...

love love love the new look of the blog. sorry abouth the family pukies. praying you guys have a great rejuvenating time as a family :) bless you cute sommermeyers