Thursday, July 7, 2011

iyi ki doğdun Eli

Yesterday was Eli's 4th birthday. Since we already had a big, early birthday party with some of his close friends in June, yesterday we celebrated with a small party at his school. You may notice the timid look on his face. I think having his english speaking parents at his turkish school throws his whole mojo off.  
You may remember from this post that Eli once had an imaginary tuba. While the tuba rarely makes an appearance these days, his fixation on tubas has not diminished. A few months ago, as we were driving in the car, Eli got a frown on his face and said, "Mom, I'm never gonna have a tuba, am I?"

Well, last month, while Zach was on the tram in Amsterdam, he passed an open air flea market and caught a glimpse of some kind of brass instrument. He got off the tram to investigate, and lo and behold, it was a mini tuba. He bought it immediately, knowing that it would be the thrill of our 4-year-old's lifetime. Take a look!    

1 comment:

Kim said...

Awesome - What a great dad!!! :)