It's hot in Ankara. Since it's so hot we stuck close to home this week because, as I've mentioned a handful of times, air conditioned places in Ankara are few and far between. We've got one air conditioning unit, in our main room, that we've been camped out in front of most of the week. Well, that is, when the electricity is on. Construction close to our apartment has cut the electricity several hours each day for the last four days. No air. No fans. Heat rash on baby.
Anyway, here are just a few of my favorite pics from the week:
Pensive
Retaliation
Blocking the Paparazzi
32 and Glowing
So, I turned 32 this week. My husband took me out to my favorite Australian-owned Indian restaurant, where a Bosnian cooks. Anyway, I was totally feeling great about turning 32...not feeling old at all, until I looked down at my feet and I was still wearing my house slippers! I know, don't you wish you were as cool as me?
Spice
Cutest pizza delivery man ever
No, he didn't have to go to the bathroom
Sundown at the mosque
Laughter
By the way, meet Alex (aka Alexandra). She's a cool, St. Louis native, college student who is living with us for the summer. She's getting a taste for life in Turkey and it's refugee and disabled populations before moving on to a study abroad program in Jordan. She plays with our kids and wears funky running shoes that look like gloves for her feet.
Peekin'
Starin'
Racin'
1 comment:
Happy, Happy Birthday, Erika! The photos are great!
Cheryl Fritsche
Post a Comment