This, my friends, is a normal size head of cabbage in Turkey.
Actually, that's not true. This is 3/4 of a head of cabbage. Our neighbors brought it over after they used 1/4 and didn't know what to do with the excess.
In order to give you better perspective, I had my lovely assistant hold it up to his head. Just so you know, my lovely assistant is unable to wear fitted baseball caps because his head is too big to fit in them. It's his massive brain, I assure you.
Cutting it up was like carving a turkey. And now, I need like a bazillion cabbage recipes.
Right at this very moment (Wed. 9pm Turkey time) Zach and Eli are picking Zach's folks up from the Ankara airport. They are here for a nice long extended visit. We're very excited. The last time we saw them this little dude hated coloring and could barely speak Turkish.
Not anymore.
And this little dude was barely even sitting up.
We're so happy to have them here to visit, help, and love on the kids. Zach and I are even going to go for a weekend away, without kids, for the FIRST TIME EVER. Woohoo!
5 comments:
So happy for you...enjoy the in laws and the time away...it will be SO good!!!
Jealous. I hope you have a good time!
Enjoy the time with the family, Erika. The cabbage head being stabbed in the style of Psycho. Awesome!!
first time without kids ever?!?!? isn't eli like 4??? omg woman. live it up! enjoy the inlaws. your kids are so smart and beautiful. great job. bless you sommermeyers
lovin' the title of this post! btw, have you tried roasted cabbage? delicious....we've been eating a lot of that lately.
Post a Comment