Here's what happened during the last three weeks:
Grammy and Grandpa Sommermeyer came to Turkey (and are still here).
Grandpa and Eli have put together more Lego creations than we have room for in our house. I've never seen my child sit so long and be so focused on one activity. Ever. His quiet, calm concentration warms my heart. :)
Grammy and Grandpa took us to the Mediterranean for a weekend. We LOVE the Mediterranean.
This kid has mad snorkeling skills.
I mean, look at him. Isn't he awesome?
While we were on the Mediterranean a large earthquake struck in eastern Turkey.
Zach was asked to go to Van (in eastern Turkey) to assist a local congregation with administering aid. He went to Van 18 hours after we got back from our weekend getaway.
Here's a random picture of my awesome boys.
12 hours after Zach returned from Van, an awesome group of friends from our home congregation came to visit.
They blessed us. And, since Zach's folks were here to watch the boys, I got to go and do a whole bunch of stuff with them.
Like go to Istanbul, again.
I used to dislike Istanbul with a passion. I realized on this trip that I only dislike going to Istanbul with kids. I like my kids, and I like Istanbul. I just don't like the combo.
Here is the hubs and me, totally relaxed, without kids, with friends, and with the European skyline behind us. Amen and Hallelujah!



1 comment:
PTL to hear from you!!! I knew your in laws where coming there so I was HOPING busy-ness was keeping you from posting but then the earthquake hit over there and I've been thinking about you guys every since. Somehow, I don't have either of your email addresses anymore so I couldn't email to make sure you all were ok. SO glad to see you are!!! XO
Post a Comment