Just a few short days after we arrived back Zach and I left on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity/trip. Once a year or so, Zach is hired by a company to run logistics for NCAA basketball teams that are traveling to Europe to play professional European teams (I know, random, right? If you want more details, you'll have to email.). This year, he accompanied the University of California Davis' men's basketball team to Italy. And guess what? They took me along, too! My mom stayed in Turkey with the boys while Zach and I spent 7 days in Rome and Tuscany, watching basketball, setting up tours, and eating more pizza than should be allowed in one week. I really enjoyed watching the guys play ball, as it had been YEARS since I'd sat through a basketball game. I also loved being with my husband, WITHOUT children, in Italy.
Here's a good picture of Zach and the team in Nice, France. I had already headed back to Turkey by this point.
We're getting back into our regular routine. Eli started back to school two weeks ago and the first couple of days were rough as he hadn't spoken Turkish at all over the summer. But, he's already back up to speed and progressing greatly with his language. He is now in "Kindergarten" but we've kept him at the same Montessori school that he was attending before. Noah will actually begin going a few mornings a week as well so that he can learn Turkish and have some social interaction.
My father comes to Turkey in just a few days and will spend two weeks here. Both of my parents will return to the US at the beginning of October.
No comments:
Post a Comment