I don't really remember the details of my first pregnancy. Actually, I take that back. I remember very well the first trimester sickness; 42 consecutive days of losing my lunch. That horribleness will forever be engrained in my memory. I don't remember much after the first trimester though. I'd like to think that I was relatively emotionally stable. I'd like to think that I was pleasant to be around. I guess I should ask Zach if I want a honest answer though.
I'm now 29 weeks along with this pregnancy and something wierd has just happened. I've become a basketcase. Seriously, the waterworks turned on this past week and I left a trail of tears throughout the whole city of Ankara. At the park. At the grocery store. At a cafe. In my kitchen. They just wouldn't stop. And not only that...but as of this past week I can no longer form a sentence in Turkish. I'm not lying. You can ask my language helper. It's like my brain has become mush and it no longer knows how to communicate in this country. SO. FRUSTRATING.
The whole basketcase/mushy brain thing couldn't have come at a worse time either. My husband is gone for a week. He's presenting at an international gerontology conference down in a Mediterrean city. Yes, it's work...but there's still a beach and sunshine involved. Lucky dog. I'm stuck here in (still chilly) Ankara with the boy, and my big belly, and my tears.
I think we're gonna need chocolate.
7 comments:
I would share chocolate with you. I'll be praying extra for you this week....and maybe that Zach will have no sunshine at the beach.... ;)
I feel your pain...I have been a mess lately and am frequently reminded that I am pregnant and that I am overreacting. I can't remember anything either...I guess it will end soon.
I was a total whacko when I was pregnant with Natalie...I get it! I'm sorry you have been feeling so emotional while Zach is away. No fun! I'm with you...chocolate always helps! :)
chocolate haagan daaz ice cream is the best, but usually any chocolate ice cream will do. so sorry about the tears! i had tons of them while preggo with topher too. strange... i hate hormones. but i will be praying for you and your brain and your emotions!
hey, can you e-mail me your mailing address?
keep on keepin on doll!!!
Does this mean I nead to send another care pkg with lots more peanut M&M's?
Awww thanks ya'll! I feel loved on even from thousands of miles away!
When I was pregnant with Megan, Ryan was 2 and Brad was out of town almost every week for several days. Having a preschooler makes a pregnancy much more difficult. Hang in there.
Post a Comment