1. Standing in a little doctors' office in Ankara, Turkey watching my son get circumcised by a man with a mullet has to rank up there as one of the weirdest experiences I've had. But, mullet aside, everything went fine and I can attest that he didn't feel any pain.
2. My mom headed back to the States today. She was such a huge blessing to Zach, Eli, and I in her two weeks here. Even though she couldn't speak the language and hardly understood the money she ventured out to the grocery store and bread bakery alone. Because of the lack of pre-prepared foods here, she did a lot of baking from scratch with unfamiliar ingredients. She played A LOT of soccer with Eli, and captured the interest of the entire neighborhood when she took Eli out to do sidewalk chalk (they don't have sidewalk chalk here so one English-speaking-Turkish neighbor was sent over to find out why she was drawing on/washing the walls outside!:)
In short, she's "SuperMeemaw."


No comments:
Post a Comment