Those of you that have read my blog for more than three months might remember that we
moved into a new apartment a week and a half before we headed to the United States. We literally unpacked the boxes, put stuff in the correct room (but not organized), and boarded the plane. So, when we arrived back to Turkey last Friday we had a big job ahead of us. Not only did we spend this week organizing, but also hooking up utilities, and buying some necessary pieces of furniture (we moved from a furnished apartment to a non-furnished apartment). I am now the proud owner of a bed.
I am LOVING this new apartment. It's quite a bit bigger (but cheaper - hooray) than our last place so I don't feel like we're all sitting on top of each other all the time. It also has almost
everything that was on our "must have" list.
Elevator - check
Parking spot - check
Secure entrances to the building - check
Grassy area away from dangerous streets for the boys to play - well sort of...
Ankara is like NYC in that the buildings go up and personal yard area is scarce. We searched high and low for an apartment building with a fenced in yard and only found one (we looked at close to 20 apartments). We offered what we could afford per month but the owner declined. So, since we couldn't find a safe fenced in area on the ground for our boys to play we found it in
the air. That's right...we live on the top floor of a building and we have what we call a "terrace."
It's big enough to kick a soccer ball around, ride a trike or small bike, and do some major art with sidewalk chalk. It might even play host to a blow up pool in the summertime. Don't worry, don't worry, we've gone to great lengths (or rather negotiated well with our landlord) to install some child safety features that would prevent any falls, because even I get a little woosy looking over the edge...
This new apartment only has one big negative: a more annoying street dog problem, which you'll hear all about in my next post. Stay tuned...
3 comments:
I'm SOOOO very excited for you and your family...a BIGGER apartment with a CHEAPER price tag...that's AWESOME!!! God is so good! Looking forward to the street dog problem but am enjoying seeing the boys "play" on the roof!!! LOL :)
So glad that you were able to get a place that you like better! I started sweating when you said that you moved in, then traveled across the world and then had to unpack your house when you returned! I freak out about packing, so that is amazing to me!!
By the way...I forgot to tell you that the picture of your family at the top of the blog is fantastic!!
Thanks girls! We like the new place a lot!
Post a Comment