Monday, February 27, 2012

The Bear

Noah (more commonly referred to in our house as "The Bear") is now 19 months old and I've decided this is my absolute favorite stage of babies. I know many people like the newborn stage, but if I'm being honest, I get annoyed that they can't do anything. For me, 18 months old and beyond is like a breath of fresh air. Noah's goofy and animated and starting to say words but in that totally cute mispronounced stage ("goggie" for doggie, "Bomas" for Thomas, etc.). He'll sit for books (albeit only one's with Thomas the Train on them), feeds himself, and pets his brother's hair as a sign of affection. While he's a wild one and has to be watched constantly, he's still young enough where his mischief is more out of curiosity and not naughtiness (although he can throw himself down in a screaming fit like the best of 'em).

He still only says 20 words or so, but it warms my heart to hear him say, "Ah bee" (Turkish word for older brother). He doesn't say Eli's name. He only calls him "Ah bee." In this culture, it's a special thing to be an "Ah bee" and to have an "Ah bee" and I know that Eli grasps the importance of his role.  

So, here's a little video of my 19 month old munchkin.