This week, for the bazillionth time this winter, we got snow dumped on us. After 36 hours of non-stop snow we had well over a foot.
Unfortunately, (or fortunately for him) my husband left for an out-of-country business trip the day before the snowfall so that left me, and me alone, to entertain my children, inside, for hours on end, day after day. I was very close to losing my mind. Thankfully we did find some ways to stay entertained.
playing with dry cous cous
building trains all around our main room
pbskids.org
snow party inside
mini-snowman with potato head parts
sitting for way too many videos
I did also finally sew something this week. Remember back two months ago when I was so gungho about my new sewing machine. Well, it has sat unused for the last while because I read my first Karen Kingsbury book. I quickly realized that the book I chose was just the first in a set of fourteen about the same family. All the details were left hanging at the end of each book spurring me on to the next book each time I had a free moment. So, now that that series is behind me, I'm back to sewing.
For the last 1.5 years Eli's curtains have looked like this:
Actually, several of our rooms look like that. We bought those for dirt cheap at a garage sale and let out the hem just so we'd have something to cover the windows and not be exposed to the whole neighborhood. But, I found some cute material at IKEA and made these for Eli's room:
super basic but right at my skills level. I think they look nice with his fun duvet:
No comments:
Post a Comment